- Wireless channel allocation strategies
- Use of unidirectional links
- Location management
- Characterization of bursty traffic
- Medium Access Control
- Link Level Communication
- Adaptive routing protocols and
- Transport layer issues
Advanced wireleSS Environment Research Testbed (ASSERT)
Currently the DS Lab is constructing ASSERT to serve as a platform for developing and testing wireless network protocols. To learn more about the testbed's design, features and status or to inquire about using the testbed please read more. ASSERT was formerly referred to as the Texas Networking Testbed (TNT).
- Oct. '10:New NSF funding for Development of Wireless Networking Testbed and Emulator (WiNeTestEr) approved. [News Article]
- May '10:Dr. Venkatesan and Dr. Prakash to participate in a collaboration with AgilentMesh Inc., sponsored by a $2 million Texas Emerging Technology Fund (TETF).[+]
- Feb '10:Sensor technology pioneer MEMSIC has an article about ASSERT on their blog.
- July 8th '09:We start using ASSERT testbed with 40+ of our hardware sites.
- April '09:MetaGeek to include ZigBee signatures in their next release based on our recordings![Link]